Salisbury steak w/ Onion Gravy
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or ground meat of your choice)
- 2 slices of bread, broken apart
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp season salt, garlic powder & onion powder
- 1 pack Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl, add all the dry seasonings, egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a sauce pan, heat up olive oil, and add in chopped onion and bell pepper and sauce until translucent.
- Pour sautéed vegetables over ground beef mixture
- In a small bowl, break of slices of bread, and pour milk over the bread. Mix until milk is thoroughly incorporated and bread is soggy. Add mixture to ground beef.
- Mix ground beef thoroughly, and form into 6 oval patties.
- Add a little olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat brown both sides of patties, remove onto a plate, pour off excess fat.
- After removing patties, in the same pan, add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add in flour and mix until we incorporated.
- Add in beef broth, bring to a boil for 5-7 minutes until gravy is thickened stirring occasionally. If the gravy thickens too quickly, add more water. Add salt and pepper to taste, if need be.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add patties back to the gravy, and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve salisbury steaks topped with the onion gravy - over mashed potatos is ideal! Sprinkle with a bit of parsley!